Navigation Bar





| biography | press |
listen | discography



Saturday, June 6, 2015

East Side Sushi on Virgin Airlines; Sold Out Show at BAM with Snap Judgment; Bay Area show

I've been busy indeed. Some news: East Side Sushi has now won more than 10 film festivals (as the image shows)
AND as a result you can see it this summer on Virgin Airlines. Don't miss this film which I'm proud to have scored, and composed a theme song for.
A few weeks ago my and the Snap Judgment gang (where I'm musical director and composer) sold out the Brooklyn Academy of Music. 2400 seats. Jamming with Black Thought from The Roots. Can't wait for you to see and hear this spectacular show.
Playing a rare Bay Area gig this Tuesday night 6/9 with the lovely and talented T-Sisters at Leo's in Oakland. Show 9pm/$10. Details here. Finally, next weekend I return to Theatreworks for a 3-day retreat to continue work on my musical about Norman Rockwell's discovery of Civil Rights: Painting America. Last summer we were part of the New Works Festival there, so it is a pleasure to return. -Alex